Saturday 14 June 2014

HERE WE GO AGAIN

..

 
been trying some new sewing adventures recently one of which is stumpwork, do you like my fish? tiny but soo cute
,
Now, I can be 3D......cool.



the little fishy has decided to be in a much bigger picture, and have more adventures.......



also been playing with the dyes again, with a lot of help from my naughty friends again.


arnt they busy,

changing the subject completely ,went down to Peterborough to visit the make-it show, lots of lovely threads and sewing stuff,and on display was this amazing little allotment garden- all made of tatting, must have taken ages.



I got quite excited when I saw all the freeform crochet,


and the new horizons display of cubes,

and quilts, I liked thi one very much.

and up close, the texture was beautiful,

And then I came across Tamar threads, beautifully died by Katy Choroszewska.

Katies mola work with kantha stitching is the finest I have ever seen, I would love to take her classes but she lives in devon- so, too far for me,but isn't it wonderful. 

Breathtaking..

And this is Katie.

dyes her own fabric too.


look at those stitchs, marvellous...
theres so much sewing I want to do and learn, and the more I do the more I discover more sewing, theres some marvellous stuff out there and I hope Im that good one day, but now its time for bed, so good night dear reader, to dream of threads and needles and little fishes having adventures,.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree - the more I see, the more I want to play with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me look glamorous! lol I'm going to pinch the photo if that's all right. You are already very accomplished at your embroidery and kantha :) Sleep tight and enjoy the fishy adventures.

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when I get a comment. So do please send me a comment, thankyou.