Wednesday 5 June 2013

sewing, sewing gone

Is this a bag?  or what?
I thought I would have a go at Ineke Berlins famous denim jeans bag, doesn't look very big in the book,
in real life- its enormous, I once made a loose cover for a large sofa, and this felt like a similar project, but its a wonderful, gigantic, mahoosive [yeah- new hip word- means quite large], the pattern comes from the book- The Quilted Object, excellent book.
Yes, the children are missing one or two pairs of jeans.
really enjoyed making this monster- just got the binding to finish, oh and its got secret pockets inside too.
Remember my silly book? some of my good friends have completed a page for me. this is Julies- tiny little hand dyed pieces of velvet, lovingly stitched over- it really  is exquisite.
And this is Wendy's-absolutely lovely, those little blue stars are tiny and have teeny tiny glass beads in them.


And look at this tiny pocket of stardust- guess what the song is....

what a beauty this is -thank you Jane
the detail in this is amazing.
I am very lucky to have such talented friends, thank you all.

and finally- this is the beginning of the cover of the silly book, hopefully it will improve.....
 
Il be off now, need to finish the bag ,must blog more often...


5 comments:

  1. The bag is just so beautiful Tina and typically you. The book pages are lovely too, so much variety and clever ladies. Your Silly Book cover was looking great today, I do love the painted background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment on my blog made me laugh. I hope to do a post about the altered book soon but there are still lots more boring bits to do before it starts to get interesting.
    I love your bag - it's absolutely gorgeous. The fabric book pages are beautiful too - who wouldn't enjoy leafing through that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really must stop stealing your children's clothes, naked is not the 'new look'. The bag is huge and scrummy and I could easily sit in it and I can see that we may need to take a huge car with us when we go on holiday next time.
    The silly book cover is already a delight, I can't wait to see how you finish it, I will drool as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a swim in the sea today!
    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that book and the whole idea behind it.
    The bag is a beauty and you have made it so unique. Make sure you only put lightweight things in it!!

    ReplyDelete

I get very excited when I get a comment. So do please send me a comment, thankyou.